Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 510-P114
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I unpacked, plugged in, and started my new computer it could not connect to my WiFi. The router is a TP-Link Archer C7, and it works nicely with my 2 Ethernet-connected computers and with one wireless laptop.

The 510 connects nicely using the LAN (wired). It's as if the wireless thingy inside the 510 is not working or is missing. There was nothing in the shipping box except the computer, a mouse, a power cable, and a keyboard. Am I missing something? What can I do to connect to the wireless router?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please check Device Manager, Network adapters to see it there or not. It should have a standard 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac wireless which supports both 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended
My Network Adapter shows an Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168 only. It does not show a standard 802.11 a/b/g/n wireless or any other wireless adapter.
HP Recommended
Device Manager shows an Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 3186. When I click on Properties and then on the Events tab the last entry says it concluded the process to install the driver with a status of 0x0. I then went to the Power Management tab and removed the checkmark next to "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". The General tab says the device is working properly. When I tried to update the driver I was told the latest driver was already installed (19.20.0.6). What do you suggest? Right now I am hardwired to the router's LAN.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.