cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Wraitharisen Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

New Hard Drive, Error: No boot disk has been detected

I just recently had to replace a hard drive on my Pavilion P7-1423w, and upon  installation of hard drive, and insertion of system disc I would get Start pxe over ipv4 messages. It would then hang there for a few minutes before the Error: No boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed message would pop up. I have gone into the BIOS menu and messed around with boot orders, activated Legacy, etc. Restored default settings, and still I get the error. I don't know if I need to get past this initial part before it will even attempt to read the system disc? Any tips/suggestions out there?

Link to purchased HD

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Provost Provost
Provost
21047 20719 2338 7816
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wraitharisen, welcome to the forum.

Here is a guide that should help you with your Recovery.

Please click the "Thumbs Up+ button" if I have helped you and click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.

-----------------------------------------
Signature:

HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)

HP Omen 880-160se; i7-8700K (OC'd to 5.2 GHz); 16 GB DDR4 2400; GTX 1070-8 GB; 512 GB SSD M.2; Win 10 Home

HP Spectre 360 Convertible; i7-7560U; 16 GB memory; Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics 640; 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD; 13.3" diagonal 4K UHD UWVA eDP BrightView WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass (3840 x 2160); Windows 10 Pro 64 with Windows Ink

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So, I fiddled around using the guide linked, and a couple other forum posts around the web. I was able to start the installation process for Win 8, until an error on my CD ceased the install. However, I had an unused Win 7 disc and was able to successfully install 7 onto the tower. NOW I've run into an issue where my ethernet controller, network controller, PCI Simple Communications Controller, CM+ Controller, and Universal Serial Bus USB Controller aren't being recognized by the computer. I go to the details tab for each and they're blank, so I have no idea what drivers I should be trying to get on the computer to remedy this. Or does this stem from the fact that 7 is  now on here instead of 8?

0 Kudos
allora Honor Student
Honor Student
3 3 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HAVE FITTED A SEAGATE 320GHZ HARD DRIVE AND THE RESULT IS ERROR:NOBOOT DISK HAS BEEN DETECTED OR THEDISK HAS FAILED.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
21047 20719 2338 7816
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @Wraitharisen.

Here are the Win 7 drivers for a like model.  Give them a try to see if they work.

Signature:

HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)

HP Omen 880-160se; i7-8700K (OC'd to 5.2 GHz); 16 GB DDR4 2400; GTX 1070-8 GB; 512 GB SSD M.2; Win 10 Home

HP Spectre 360 Convertible; i7-7560U; 16 GB memory; Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics 640; 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD; 13.3" diagonal 4K UHD UWVA eDP BrightView WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass (3840 x 2160); Windows 10 Pro 64 with Windows Ink

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**

Provost
21047 20719 2338 7816
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@allora  Please start your own thread.  You will get far more responses if you do.  Make certain to post the model of your computer and the operating system that you are using.

Signature:

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation