Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion 500-016 PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello.  I recently installed a new router (Netgrar AC1750) and modem (surfboard SB6141). All my devices are wireless including my desktop....which is the problem child.

Had no problem changing the router name & password. All my other devices including the laptop I am using now are connecting (smart phones, Hello Google thing, printer etc, etc).

When I try to use my desktop tells me Server not Found in all browsers; Firefox, IE, Chrome.

Why? I am not savy enough to understand the SSID, IPv4 and the such. Why would all other devices discover the new equipment but not my desktop? Could it have to do with a firewall?

Thank you in advance! Dawn

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Yes it could be to do with your firewall but also you may need to troubleshoot your network and make sure the computer is in range of the router as well. You may also need to check your browser option settings and make sure that its ticked where it says automatically box thingy this can cause most problems with browsers as well. 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/10741/windows-10-fix-network-connection-issues found this dont know if any use for you? 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/936211/how-to-troubleshoot-network-connectivity-problems-in... as well as this link. 

Let us know how you get on.

“Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

The SUPPORT PAGE lists a WiFi card is installed.  It supports only :  Operating single band: 2.4 GHz (b/g/n)  When the internet icon in the lower right is clicked, what does that indicate?

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

It tells me the name of my SSID of Rusnell, Connected, Secured. I can get to the Firefox main page(or I.E. or Chrome) but I can't get to any websites.

Spoiler

HP Recommended

Hi there. I had already looked at both of those links and had no luck. It has to be some silly "something" that got check marked. I am afraid to click too deep into the settings for fear of making a big error. I am not savvy enough to really know what I am doing.

HP Recommended

Have you tried using the Network Troubleshooter?  Right click on the Internet icon, then pick "Troubleshoot problems".  Has this desktop been connected to this network before, since the windows 10 upgrade?

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.