cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jennifer7777 Tutor
Tutor
10 4 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

New Pavilion desktop is ridiculously slow

HP 550z Pavilion Desktop
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am setting up a brand new Pavilion desktop. This is the slowest computer I've ever owned! When I have no programs running, the CPU usage stays at over 60%. When I open one web browser window, the CPU usage spikes to 100% and stays very high. Response time for the mouse is extremely sluggish. When I open Microsoft Word or Photoshop, the performance is absolutely horrible. I haven't done anything weird to this new computer, just installed Microsoft Office and Adobe software, as well as an antivirus program. Has anyone else had problems with such horrible performance with a brand new computer? I am likely going to just return it for a refund unless there is an instand and easy solution to this awful performance.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
10,512 9,880 1,339 3,651
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

New Pavilion desktop is ridiculously slow

I would need you to state the exact model #.  The Hp550 is a series number.  What is the product number?  A lowly I-3 processor with only 4GB RAM truly could not run sufficiently, so I would need to know the specs to give an honest opinion.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation