Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
u38501 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

New video card upgrade from onboard video

Pavilion P6557 c-b
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)
I need a blind walk-thru to disable onboard video. The onboard VGA port is physically broken off. I purchased a NVIDA GeForce GT 610 PCI-e x16 and installed. When pc is turned on, I can hear pc normal boot up sounds and hard drive activity. But no picture thru new video. Hooking to onboard video is not an option. Please help!
0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Provost Provost
Provost
45634 4310 10951
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

New video card upgrade from onboard video

Your PC is not of a new enough generation to support what is probably a UEFI vBIOS video card.

The type of card your motherboard BIOS will accept has to have a legacy vBIOS. 

MSI and sapphiretect make video cards that will support legacy BIOS.

Most other manufacturers do not and are presently only shipping UEFI vBIOS video cards to the market.

As of 2012, UEFI BIOS has become the defacto standard for motherboards for virtually all motherboard manufacturers.   

What is the brand and specific model number of the card?

Click on the Thumbs up to say thanks .
If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation