Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
SimonArons Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No Intel AMT option with ProDesk 400 G2 Desktop Mini

ProDesk 400 G2 Desktop Mini
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a ProDesk 400 G2 Desktop Mini with an i7-6700T which I am trying to get to work with Intel AMT. But I’m not completely sure if this works since there’s a Realtek NIC and not an Intel one.

According to the manual there should be an option to configure Intel AMT in the BIOS, but it’s not there. Also there’s no “Press <ctrl-p> to configure to enter MEBx setup” or similar after BIOS post.

The BIOS shows the following information:

System BIOS:          N23 Ver. 02.09 08/07/2016

ME Firmware Version:  11.0.0.1205

I can’t seem to find information about what the hardware requirements for Intel AMT are, besides vPro. The PCU supports vPro, but I’m starting to think that the Realtek NIC isn’t compatible.

Can someone please enlighten me?

3 REPLIES
OKCLibTech Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue on the HP ProDesk 400 G1 SFF. I can't find the Intel ME menu anywhere, though firmware has been updated along with BIOS.

0 Kudos
SimonArons Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Are you using BIOS version 00.02.09? I can't find information whether this motherboard even has support for AMT or not.
0 Kudos
OKCLibTech Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS version 2.11.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation