cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
gururaja
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No sound from Speakers and headphones

HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, i am using hp pavilion g6 Note book PC,  product number: D5F44PA#ACJ . On  automatic upgradation to IDT High Definition Audio CODEC , no sound from the speakers and headphones.  Even after upgradation to windows 10 , the problems remains same. The sound icon indicate a sound,volume 100, even the device manager say it's working properly.My laptop has DOLBY Advanced Audio. Kindly resolve the issue. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
CornishDave
Level 1
5 4 1 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Not sure if this will help but I had no sound on upgrading to Windows 10. I googled Windows 10 - No Sound this morning and unlike yesterday there were several areas highlighted. I tried a suggested solution which did not work, however the second suggestion was to look for new sound drivers. I followed the instructions on the web and drivers downloaded and I immediately got sound!

I am no expert but it may be worthwhile giving this a go. Apologies if you have already done this.

Dave

0 Kudos
gururaja
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Helo Dave,

thanks for the reply.

Which suggested second drive i have install, could you please provide the web link. or kindly suggest the steps you followed.

0 Kudos
CornishDave
Level 1
5 4 1 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

www.ibtimes.co.uk/windows-10-how-fix-sound-issues-after-upgrade-7513693

Cannot cut and paste web address, the heading was How to fix sound issues after upgrade, dated August 2 2015 0612BST. It was written by Vinod Yalburgi

The instructions read-

1. Launch Start menu, search for Device Manager and then launch it.

2. Expand Sound and Audio devices.

3. Right click on current Sound Driver and choose uninstall.

4. Click on Scan for Hardware changes, the updated drive will be installed.

These worked for me and hope they will for you. He says if still not working you need to go to your Sound Device Manufacturers website and download the latest drivers.

Good Luck!

Dave

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation