Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (1,121 Views)
Accepted Solution

No sound from front headphone jack

Just installed Creative blaster x-fi titanium sound card in my HP P7 1234 desktop.  All works well except no sound from front panel headphone jack.  The jacdk worked before i installed the card.  I need the jack to use as another line out for around the pool music.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Jay

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: No sound from front headphone jack

If you install an additrional sound card you only can use the ports of this card - onboard chip will be disabled.
You have to check if you can connect the front panel ports to the new card - if not, then you have to search a card where this would work.

Or just use a audio splitter (Y-cable) to connect a second audio device at the new card.

V.
View solution in context
Associate Professor
Message 2 of 3 (1,099 Views)

If you install an additrional sound card you only can use the ports of this card - onboard chip will be disabled.
You have to check if you can connect the front panel ports to the new card - if not, then you have to search a card where this would work.

Or just use a audio splitter (Y-cable) to connect a second audio device at the new card.

V.
*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***
Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (1,097 Views)

Thanks for the reply.  I thought that it would be something like that.  The splitter worked and gave me what i needed.

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation