Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
PCFWB Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Not recognizing usb

Pavilion 19-2113
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Plugging in any usb device and receive error message that Windows doesn't recognize it and has malfunctioned. Ideas please?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12747 12732 824 1414
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Not recognizing usb

@PCFWB

I would like to take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. I understand that your HP 19-2113w All-in-One Desktop PC does not read USB devices and a message appears saying that Windows doesn't recognize it and has malfunctioned. I'd like to help you with this case. 

I would like to know when was the last time the USB devices worked fine and if any changes took place after which this issue may have started. 

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the below steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a solution: 

Figure: Left I/O ports

Image of left side I/O ports

#4 - USB 2.0 and 1 USB 3.0 ports

Figure: Back I/O ports

#4 - ​​​​​​​USB 2.0 ports

Please perform the troubleshooting steps as described in detail from this link: http://hp.care/2i5zJP2.

Feel free to let me know how it goes. Cheers! :)

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation