Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Matijs Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Numlock on Prodesk 600 G2 desktop mini

Prodesk 600 G2 desktop mini
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I want when the pc starts that the NumLock-key is on. I can't find in the BIOS the setting for this. The Prodesk 600 G1 desktop mini has this option in the BIOS. But the G2 has a new BIOS-layout. I can't find it.

3 REPLIES
Shinya Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Matijs

There is no BIOS setting item for NumLock state on at boot in G2 series.

You can change the NumLock state by modifying registry key if you would like to use NumLock on OS login screen.

Please see the below URL for details.

Read more at: http://www.tomcomknowshow.com/how-to-turn-num-lock-on-by-default-in-windows-7--8.html
Copyright © TomComKnowsHow. All Rights Reserved.

0 Kudos
Hudey123 Top Student
Top Student
2 0 2
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem. Why would they remove this? We enable BitLocker drive encryption on our machines and now that there's no NumLock on at Boot settng our users are constantly trying to enter their PIN using the numpad, which isn't working, and they're pressing enter and getting bad password. The Windows setting is irrelevant here. If HP cares about enterprise they should get this feature back into the BIOS.

Hudey123
PepperShaker Top Student
Top Student
3 0 1
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Spoiler
Agreed, I want this back in the BIOS also.

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation