cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OPERATING SYSTEM FAILURE

Microsoft Windows XP

my hard drive is 3F0 - but its an HP refurbished one...I usually left my computer on and it sleeps automatically. I've never changed any settings ever since I received the computer. Most often when I go back to use the computer its just click on the keyboard or a mouse and it turns on without a problem. Just now when I went back to use the computer and it doesn't wake up and so I did the troubleshooting by pressing the F10 and F9...when doing so I accidentally press the default settings ...i thought this will reboot the computer back to normal but the system went off. When I redo the F10 thingy it takes me to a window that says to install OS...please please I need help with this ...I received this computer in March 2016, I purchased this from Amazon.. it's the all in one HP 19...

Thank you,

Emma N

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
20,429 20,374 1,878 4,504
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OPERATING SYSTEM FAILURE

emma29vn

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but this is just a community self-help forum and we can do nothing for you regarding failing HP equipment.

For that, you will have to contact HP Customer Support directly, explain the problem with the failing drive and see what they will do for you.

If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1
If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

NOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while!

========================================================================
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on my post to say thanks.
If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".
========================================================================

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation