Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 5 (259 Views)

Office Starter missing after system recovery

Product Name: TouchSmart 310-1125f

I was forced to do a system recovery (to Windows 7). After updating to Windows 10 and adding my backed up files, I am unable to open any of my Word docs or spreadsheets because I no longer have MS Word and Excel Starters in my apps. Only thing showing is Windows Office 2010, which it wants to force me to buy. How do I get the Starter apps back OR how can I open, change, and save my documents?

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 5 (253 Views)

Re: Office Starter missing after system recovery

Hi,

That's right, Microsoft removed this product many years back. But please try to download and install again

http://www.techspot.com/downloads/6255-microsoft-office-starter-2010.html

Hope this helps.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 5 (240 Views)

The link to this download says it is only for 32-bit machines but mine is 64. I tried downloading anyway and got an error message.

Provost
Message 4 of 5 (218 Views)

Hi,

No 64bit Microsoft Office 2010 Starter available anywhere. It will run on 64bit OS. By the way, many applications / programs now still use 32 bit under 64bit OS. You can check yourself under C:\Program Files (x86).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
Message 5 of 5 (183 Views)

It appears I have downloaded it (setupconsumerc2rolw.exe). However, when I try and run this, I receive this message: "Office Starter doesn't work on this version of Windows".

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation