Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I hope someone can help - I woke up this morning and my Omni 100-5155 Desktop All in One will not work.  When I press power there is no power on light and the monitor is dark.  I can hear the computer starting up but I never hear the windows sound because it will not play until someone enters the password.  I also do not see the system do the keyboard reconize check etc.  

it is just a little over 2 years old  😞   I have disconnceted and reconnected all the power cords and connections.  I thought about seeing if the BIOS is reconizing the hard drive but of course I will not be able to see anything without a monitor. 

I do have the recovery disks also but they won't do much good without a monitor.  I also thought about hooking it up to my television (as a monitor) to see if the system is indeed working but that computer has no monitor port.

Thank you for any input!

27 REPLIES 27
HP Recommended

Hi kwinkle,

For your Omni 100-5155 screen being blank, I have included the following document 'Screen is Blank after Starting the Computer'. Please follow through the steps in order for the best results.

Thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

thank you for your reply.  I had already found this information on my own and have perfromed the tasks to no avail - twice  😞

HP Recommended

Hi kwinkle,

After completing the steps in the document, and still not being able to start your notebook properly. I would suggest contacting technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl for any repair or replacement options that may be available to you.

I worked on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I have had this same problem.  I can turn on the computer but no lights and I can hear the  hard drive whirring.  I have tried all the suggestions on the troubleshooting page and no success.  

I have found other forums that say the problem is the motherboard.  One user had HP repair the motherboard for $300.  That is crazy if there are alot of these problems about 2 years after purchase of the computer.  I had hoped by buying a HP computer instead of a Dell I would have less issues.

Is there anyway to or suggestions on what to do after resetting the BIOS like suggested fails that doesnt cost money to HP for tech support?

HP Recommended

Hi - I was never able to get it fixed and I found out from repair it would cost a lot to even find out what was wrong becasue the all in ones are a lot like lap tops in construction.  I ended up buying a replacement traditional desktop.  my son dismantled the Omni and found it was a loose wire in the screen but it would not have been able to be fixed without taking apart the screen.  In a traditional desktop at least all you have to do is replace the monitor!  I was able to retreive the ahrd drive, put it in an enclosure and recover my info.  I do not think I would go for a All in One again.

HP Recommended

I have taken it apart a few times and not seen anything out of the ordinary and have been looking at enclosures and other desktops as well.  What enclosure did you end up getting and did you just connect it via USB to your new computer?  I really don't want to pay for a whole new computer when this one isnt that old but if I don't have a choice it would be nice to see what others did.

Thank you!

HP Recommended

The enclosure I got for 20 bucks and it is a Rosewill Aluminum 3.5 inch USB 2.0 External enclosure cooling RX35-AT-SU SLV - It works great.  i bought a refrubusihed desktop from Walmart (online)  because they come with a warranty and were less expensive - it works great.  I usually do not buy refurbished electronics but I figured with a warranty I am already ahead of the game and buying the Omni only lasted me 2 years anyway and was a lot more expensive than the refurbushed one!

HP Recommended
There's a lot of people who have problems with the all in one's from HP .
There seems to be an hardware issue.
The computer starts up with a black screen and the power light won't come on.
The advice from HP is to do a cold start up and reinstall the bios F10 F5 enter F10 enter this wil not work.
The problem is a hardware issue that is rampant in the early 'all in one' models.
My advice is not to buy an all in one and buy a desktop instead.
HP Recommended

according to the info on here and people that i know having the same BLACK SCREEN  issue-i feel that hp should start a

RECALL for this omni.

it has happened to mine and much too soon for any computer to have a problem, and after paying hp  to fix it , a few months later the same issue of a BLACK SCREEN happened again.

so..... was the problem really fixed ??? i DONT THINK SO !!!

we all should be comopensated.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.