Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Evean Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Omni 27 - 1000et Graphic Card And Windows Licence Problem

Omni 27 - 1000et
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everybody. As I mentioned, I am using the Omni 27 - 1000et model All In One desktop computer. I have 2 problems.

1- The factory-built Windows 7 computer automatically upgraded itself to Windows 10, but did not receive the Windows 7 activation code. As a result, the currently installed windows 10 seems to be unactivated and I am uncomfortable with this situation. I have to solve this.

2-I do not know if the graphics card of the device is AMD mobility Radeon HD 5570 or AMD Radeon HD6550A. As a result I applied to 3rd party driver control applications and installed the AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5570 driver and said that the driver was successfully installed. But when I go to the device manager, I get the message '' The driver for this device is not installed ''. As a result, when I turn the computer on and off, I get an error such as '' The driver for the device is not installed or the device is not installed '' by AMD.

I ask for your help in solving these problems.

I'm sorry for my bad english.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3304 178 334
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@Evean,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I have read your post and understand that there are some issues with your HP product. I can research and provide a possible resolution.

First of all, let’s take care of the Windows activation.

Since you have upgraded the Windows 10 on an OEM Windows 7 copy, you will need to do a digital license activation which doesn’t require the product key.

have found the correct way of doing it and have shared the same as steps below.

• Use the Windows key + I keyboard shortcut to open the Settings app.
  • Click Update & security.
  • Click Activation.
  • Click Add an account. ...
  • Enter your Microsoft account credentials, and click Sign-in.
  • Then sign in with your Microsoft account like MSN, Hotmail, Outlook which then gets linked and activates the windows.

Now speaking about the driver update about the video card, I found that HP doesn’t have drivers for the Windows 10 for your PC model.

So, I suggest you try the step below and allow the Windows 10 to find the best driver available.

Let’s try updating the driver form device manager rather finding them on manufacturer’s website.

• Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
  • Expand Display adapters category, right click your graphics card and select Update Driver Software.
  • Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
  • If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

Hope this answers you the question.

Please reply for more.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Evean Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@Resolv_S

First of all thank you for your message.
First I want to deal with the problem with windows. When you follow these steps, there is no '' Add an account '' button that you mentioned in the activation tab. So I could not go on.
Second is the video card. I read and applied it in your article before applying to update the device manager you asked, but I did not get results. Later, as a last resort, I downloaded the AMD Radeon HD 5570 driver from the manufacturer's site and installed it. Some sources say that the display card of the device I am using is AMD Radeon HD 5570, AMD Radeon HD 6550A in some. I did not know which one to upload. If possible, I want to know the display card of the device I am using, so I can look for a solution.
I'm waiting for your answer. Thank you for your interest.
I'm sorry for my bad english.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3304 178 334
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@Evean,

Thanks for responding.

I request you to run the app from the below link and check if that helps you install the correct video card driver for the unit.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool

Regarding the Windows license issue, I request you to reach out to Microsoft phone support for the License issue.

Hope the information shared will help you. Please share for more.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation