Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq DC 7900
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Assalam o Alaikum,

I am from Pakistan and using HP Compaq DC7900 Convirtable Minitower since 4 years. I am also using my PC with Nvidia GForce GT 630 since when I buy this PC. Unfortunately few days ago my External VGA Card Nvidia GForce GT 630 2GB wasn't works properly so I prefered to use builtin VGA for just few days. I reinstall Windows 10 64bit when I try to install my VGA builtin driver I shows:

Total Available Graphics Memory: 1507 MB

Dedicated Video Memory: 64 MB

System Video Memory: 64 MB

Shared System Memory: 1507 MB

So, When I purchase this PC the dealer told me that this board has builtin 1GB VGA. And before purchasing Nvidia External Card I use that 1GB bulting vga memory for some games.

But when this time I want to use it why it shows 64MB instead of 1GB or 1024MB. And If its showing 1507MB available then why my gfx driver won't support this. Is this a driver's fault or my operating system. Because this PC is based on Windows 7 OS.

When I uninstall my GFX driver downloaded from HP.com site. It shows this.

Kindly help me

1.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

You have to REMOVE the NVIDIA card to allow BIOS to activate the integrated card otherwise it won't work because BIOS disabled it.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi, @imkaxhuu :

The information regarding the onboard graphics memory you posted is correct.

Total Available Graphics Memory: 1507 MB

Dedicated Video Memory: 64 MB

System Video Memory: 64 MB

Shared System Memory: 1507 MB

The onboard Intel GMA graphics does not ever have 1 GB of dedicated memory, so whoever told you that is incorrect.

See page 39 & 40 of the quickspecs at the link below, for how the onboard graphics memory is allocated.

http://images10.newegg.com/UploadFilesForNewegg/itemintelligence/HP/13029_ca1400426016556.PDF

Now when you uninstalled the driver, you have a basic display adapter, which just provides an image on the screen.

You need to reinstall the Intel graphics adapter by running the windows update utility.

In short, the PC has reserved 64 MB of system memory for the graphics.  Based on the demand placed on the graphics adapter, it can use up to 1507 MB of additional system memory for the graphics.

That is automatically determined by the PC.  You have no control over any of the memory usage.

HP Recommended
Thanks for your precious time, I already unplugged Nvidia Card coz its not responding. And using direct VGA slot.
HP Recommended
@Paul_Tikkanen
Dear,
Thanks a lot for this useful information its really helps me. May Allah blessed upon you. JazakAllah brother live long life (Y)
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Baraka Allahu fika

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.