Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
hpinvegas Top Student
Top Student
6 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Once PC goes to sleep, will not wake up

Pavilion p6247 c-b
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi group,

When my PC (HP Pavilion) goes into "idle" - when I'm not using it - it will not wake back up. I get no video, and sometimes my mouse will not wake up either.

When I disconnect my power cord and reconnect the computer, I am able to boot up and things work. The computer works fine as long as I don't let it go to idle. For example, when I shut it down, it will boot up fine the next time.

This just started happening recently after two updates: one from Norton, and the other from Quicken. I have no idea whether one of these caused the problem.

I keep my PC well-maintained with all the latest updates. I have run the power troubleshooter, as well as the updates troubleshooter, and both detected no problems.

Open to any ideas you may have,

Thanks,

Jeff

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12360 1164 2313
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @hpinvegas,

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums! :)  This is a great location to get resolutions and interact with experts from the community. I reviewed the post and understand that there are sleep and wake up issues with your unit. It will be a delight to assist you. :)

At the outset, you’ve diagnosed the issue perfectly  and  done some very smart troubleshooting before posting your query. Excellent job on that score. Kudos to you. :) It is always a privilege to work with technically savvy customers. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. We value your relationship with HP and wish to serve you better. :)

We need to figure out correctly what has caused this.

Please perform a hard reset first from this link: http://support.hp.com/za-en/document/c01463028

Then please visit this kink for further assistance:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-p6000-Desktop-PC-series/4162263/model/4216552/docume...

Please disable Hybrid sleep from this link and perform all the steps from this link.

Please if this happened in the recent past you could try a system restore to an earlier time before the issue started. Link for system restore: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03327545

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. :) Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. :)

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. :)

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
hpinvegas Top Student
Top Student
6 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

David,

Thanks for your advice; I'll try your suggestions and let you know how it turns out.

Thanks,

Jeff

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12747 821 1396
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@hpinvegas

You're welcome. We will wait for your response. Good luck! :)

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation