cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
GuyVDL
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Onherstelbare grafische kaarten?

H0D65EA#AK6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Mijn HP Pavilion HPE h8-1130be Desktop PC
IMEI / Serienummer: [Personal Information Removed]
Productnummer: h0d65ea

Gekocht bij Vanden Borre Fact 147301695 dd 28/11/2011

Eén van de dubbele grafische kaarten is defect wat mijn essentiele dual screen optie belet.

Toestel binnengebracht bij verkooppunt. Kreeg gisteren bericht dat diet niet meer kan hersteld worden door hun hersteldienst. Probeer op alle mogelijke manieren HP zelf te contacteren om het toestel door hen te laten herstellen , maar NERGENS kan ik een tel nummer vinden om een reparatie aanvraag te doen. Wie kan mij helpen.

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
19,576 14,911 305 1,163
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Forum. We are only able to reply to posts written in English. To insure a quick response it would be advisable to post your question in English. The following links are here to assist you if you prefer to post in the following Language Forum.

German: HP Kundenforum
Spanish: Foro de usuarios de HP
French: Forum des utilisateurs
Portuguese: Fórum dos usuários HP
Chinese: 惠普个人客户支持论坛
Korean: HP 지식커뮤니티

Thank you for your understanding

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Level 12
11,043 11,017 576 1,646
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Automatically translated from German:

One of the dual graphics cards is faulty what my essential dual screen option.

Device introduced at point of sale.

Yesterday got message that diet can no longer be restored by their repair service.
Try to contact HP itself in every way possible to unit by letting them recover,
but nowhere can I find a tel number to a repair request.
Who can help me.

for support in the German language.

0 Kudos
GuyVDL
5 3 0 0
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear Sir, Madam,

Herby the translation of my problem with my HP Desktop.

HP Pavilion HPE h8-1130be Desktop PC
IMEI / Serial No. [Personal Information Removed]
Product No.        H0D65EA#AK6

IOS : WIN 10 Pro

Bought at Electro VANDEN BORRE St.Martens Latem on 11/28/2011 – Inv. No 147301695.

Problem;

One of the two graphic card has failed. As operating with dual screens is essential for my usage.

I thought that replacing the failed graphic card would save the problem. Unfortunately, the installed graphic card ar combined in one combo which I cannot separate. So, stuck with a still very good working PC but not for my usage.

I returned the PC to the company who sold me the PC. After a few days, I was informed that they are unable to repair the unit. (No spare parts ???) In house repair shop? So, I thought to send the PC directly to the HP Head Office repair office. NOWHERE I could find a contact number to organise a repair request. Can You eventually help me to resolve this problem? On my question if I had to drop this very well working PC in the garbage container, due to a single graphic card.

The response was very frustrating, “THAT’S NOT OUR PROBLEM... No spare, End”

0 Kudos
Level 12
11,043 11,017 576 1,646
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> Unfortunately, the installed graphic card are combined in one combo which I cannot separate. 

Have you downloaded the specific device-driver for the "replacement" graphic card, to enable its full capability ?

This replacement graphic card does *NOT* need to be the same as the "dead" card.

Then, configure the Windows "Display Settings" to nominate your "primary" screen and your "secondary" screen, and then to "extend my display onto this monitor".

0 Kudos
GuyVDL
5 3 0 0
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You suggested;

Have you downloaded the specific device-driver for the "replacement" graphic card, to enable its full capability ?

This replacement graphic card does *NOT* need to be the same as the "dead" card.

Repply;

As my original combo graphic card has failed, can you inform me how I can optain, (buy) such a combo. Can I order this directly to HP USA, as I have no support from HP Belgium. In that case, were can I download the appropriate driver?

For Info, I am on vaction in the south of FRance till 16 January. So I have no access to my HP Desktop untill that day. 

Hoping I will get out of this frustrating experience with HP.

Best regards

Guy Vanderlinden

0 Kudos
Level 12
11,043 11,017 576 1,646
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

From: http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-HPE-h8-Desktop-PC-series/5146418/model/5193020/docum...

"HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - Motherboard Specifications, IPISB-CH2 (Chicago)"

there is an image of the motherboard: http://support.hp.com/doc-images/725/c02854400.jpg

which shows that your motherboard has one PCI-E slot, suitable for a video-adapter card.

So, it's possible to put *ANY* video-card, not just one from HP, into that slot, as long as the video-card supports your (required) dual-screen output.

0 Kudos
GuyVDL
5 3 0 0
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear Support team,

Finally we are getting there! Your effort to solve my problems seems to have probably to a good end. Your different URL's is very enlighting. Atleast HP USA was very helpful, which I can not say from my country (Belgium) HP supprt.

The only problem; As I am on vacation and will not be back home around January, 15 > 20. Then I will recover my PC desktop from the repairshop. I will than remove the combo graphic card and replace with a PCI-E slot for dual screens.

I plan to buy a ASUS GT730-2GD3 graphic card. Will this do it ?

Until that, keep my file open. I will contact you again when back home.

Thank you very much for your very appreciated support.

In the meantime, best regards from Nice, France.

Guy Vanderlinden

0 Kudos
Level 12
11,043 11,017 576 1,646
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> I plan to buy a ASUS GT730-2GD3 graphic card. Will this do it ?

I don't think so.  It has one "DVI" output and one "VGA" output.

It's probably "connect your monitor to DVI **OR** connect your monitor to VGA".

Instead, take a look at EVGA GeForce 9800 GT, which has *TWO* DVI-output ports that are *INDEPENDENT* -- one for each monitor.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation