cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
cgodbey
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Only half lines are printing after bad paper jam

HP Recommended
Photosmart 7510
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Had a pretty bad paper jam awhile back, printing has not been the same. Only printing half lines throughout the entire page.  I ran the "clean cartiridges" that did help in the beginning but not anymore. I have installed new cartridges, ran clean cartridges after that again. Still not printing correctly.  (Have used NOTHING BUT HP CARTRIDGES) Now, everything i print is only half lines (or white lines through the black print)  however you want to describe it. I have used the "HP priht doctor"  I have gone through all the self help steps.  I am now wondering if there has been some damage done to inside of printer due to paper jam.  

Thank you in advance.

CGodbey

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
25,806 25,686 1,418 1,486
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@cgodbey

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP Photosmart 7510 printer. I understand that you are getting paper jam issue and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting. 

• Turn off the printer, and then on again.
  • Clear any jammed paper from the printer.
  • Make sure that the carriage can move freely.
  • Clean the rollers.
  • Plug the printer directly into a wall outlet
  • Reset the printer.

Click here and follow the steps mentioned in the document to perform above troubleshooting steps.

Let me know how it goes,

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation