cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Only1/3 HDMI ports work on my desktop computer

HP OMEN 870-003na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Only the blank port out of my PC works. HDMI ports labled as"1" and "2" do not work. Why? I need to set up multiple moniters.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
11,373 11,182 1,166 3,342
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Only1/3 HDMI ports work on my desktop computer

Hello Lozz1

According to the specs, you only have one HDMI slot available. The reason is because you have a discrete graphics card installed - AMD Radeon R9 390X. Built into the card are 2-DVI ports, 1-display port and 1-HDMI port.

The 2 other HDMI ports are wired into the motherboard and will only utilize the intergrated graphics of the i5 CPU.

If a discrete video card is installed, the intergrated graphics are disabled. They cannot run simultaneously.

io ports omen.jpg

The best way to get a 2nd HDMI port is to use an adapter for one of the DVI ports on the AMD card to convert to HDMI.

They are very inexpensive online.

NOTE: a DVI to HDMI adapter will only provide Video signal, not audio.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation