Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
helbillydan Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Operating system (Windows 10) has disappeared from HDD

Pavillion 550-114a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After turning on computer error message comes up saying that there is no OS. computer was working fine before turning it off. The computer was only off for about an hour

2 REPLIES
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
1979 183 585
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Suggest you to update BIOS and check:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00007682

Wish you luck,
Karthik

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post)
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
13339 1252 2970
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

helbillydan

Your model PC comes in two different versions -- one with Win10 preinstalled, and one with Win7 preinstalled.

I see you're running Win10, so did yours come preinstalled or did you do the Win10 Upgrade?

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation