cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
agh55 Tutor
Tutor
16 9 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Optical Corded Mouse stopped working

I have a Pavilion P6215UK PC. Optical Corded mouse was working perfectly until yesterday, now it is ceased to work. i have replaced it with 3 other known good ones,problem still exists. i have tried the following;

1: System restore, i took the PC back 7 days to a known good state

2: I have deleted the mouse from the device manger and Re-booted ( there is a yellow exclamation symbol on this )

I have noticed when the PC is in its final booting up sage, the corded mouse is working. it suddenly stops and a message appears the driver cant be found. I reloaded the driver from a known good HP mouse and the problem still exists.

I'm currently using a cordless optical mouse with no difficulties

I would really appreciate any help 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Teacher Teacher
Teacher
75 73 5 18
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

1:Many things can make your USB mouse stop working. If your USB mouse stops working, the first thing is to make sure that the USB line was connected normally. You can disconnect it for a while then connect it to another interface.

2:If your USB mouse can work now, maybe the System Power Manager causes it. You can set up the System Power Manager to solve it.
(1)Right click on "Computer" , and click on "Manage".
(2)Click on "Device Manager" in the left pane of "Computer Management" window, expand "Universal Serial Controllers", find "USB Root Hub".
(3)Right click on each "USB Root Hub" and select "Properties", switch to "Power Management" tab. If "Allow this computer turn off this device to save power" is selected, uncheck it.

3:If your USB mouse still doesn't work, you can find the driver of your mouse, and install it. If you can't find the driver of your mouse, you can install the driver of USB ports.

4:If your USB mouse still doesn't work, maybe there is something wrong with your USB mouse or your computer, you can ask the makers of your mouse to repair it.

Regards;
Ray
I am an HP employee
Please click the White Kudos star to say thanks for helping.
Please mark Accept As Solution if my help has solved your problem.
agh55 Tutor
Tutor
16 9 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the prompt response. I have tried what you have suggested on the"power management" tab, but to no avail. i have tried all USB ports on the PC and also down loaded successfully the driver for a brand new mouse. This new mouse still did not work, but worked immediately on my laptop

I would appreciate if you had any other ideas

Regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher Teacher
Teacher
75 73 5 18
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try to go into safe mode by tapping the F8 and check if the mouse is working fine in safemode

if its working then create new user account and check if its still not working then you have to reinstall the Windows.

As the same mouse is working fine on the notebook then there is no issue with the mouse.

Regards;
Ray
I am an HP employee
Please click the White Kudos star to say thanks for helping.
Please mark Accept As Solution if my help has solved your problem.
agh55 Tutor
Tutor
16 9 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the help, I dont have a set of windows disks and would not feel confident reloading the operation system

0 Kudos
nilanjan87 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sir, Thank you very much. It really works.

0 Kudos
NERDIE Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

THERE IS A RESET BUTTON AT THE BOTTOM OF THE MOUSE - AFTER ALL ELSE FAILED THAT SIMPLE SOLUTION DID THE TRICK. BACK ON TRACK, SO TO SPEAK........

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation