cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
ysb Honor Student
Honor Student
1 0 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Orange flashing power light what should i do?

I have a Compaq 610 and recentley whenever i charge it the light is orange (the light  near the charger) but when i take the plug out it flashes orange continously and does not stop. Whenever i use it, it is charging and it usually has a fair amount of charging when i shut it down but the next day when i open it the light is still flashing and the battery is flat. i don't understand what to do!! please help me!

1 REPLY 1
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4,878 4,482 314 1,463
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Orange flashing power light what should i do?

ysb wrote: I have a Compaq 610 and recentley whenever i charge it the light is orange (the light  near the charger) but when i take the plug out it flashes orange continously and does not stop. Whenever i use it, it is charging and it usually has a fair amount of charging when i shut it down but the next day when i open it the light is still flashing and the battery is flat. i don't understand what to do!! please help me!

Hello ysb, Here  is a link that has some information on the power adapter and the lights for the charging procedure.

From your description, it appears the battery may have become faulty.

The Orange light does indicate the battery is charging, but it should not take all day to charge, and the battery should not run down if it is changed completely. It just may be the battery is not accepting the recharge.

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation