cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
pcpunk
Level 6
299 229 8 20
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Over Heating

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 23-g010 All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hey my HP comminuty, I have an issue where this computer is overheating as seen by Speccy and CoreTemp.  I would really like to find a Good, Safe, service manual so I can pull it apart and chech cooling fins and Thermal Paste.  Can someone please help me.   I don't see a Service Manaul anywhere on this site.  Otherwise will need to go to youtube, and noboy wants to see me do that right lol.  It's beyond me why HP Don't have these on their site?

Any other help would be great also.  I've read here that one person had to replace the Thermal Paste, so hoping that will get me going again.

Thanks, pcpunk

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Kalt
Level 12
4,535 4,501 384 1,083
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@pcpunk wrote:

Hey my HP comminuty, I have an issue where this computer is overheating as seen by Speccy and CoreTemp.  I would really like to find a Good, Safe, service manual so I can pull it apart and chech cooling fins and Thermal Paste.  Can someone please help me.   I don't see a Service Manaul anywhere on this site.  Otherwise will need to go to youtube, and noboy wants to see me do that right lol.  It's beyond me why HP Don't have these on their site?

Any other help would be great also.  I've read here that one person had to replace the Thermal Paste, so hoping that will get me going again.

Thanks, pcpunk

I'd run through the standard options first:  Update your HP System BIOS, blow out the vents with compressed air, test again.  If you need to disassemble the unit it will be quite a bit of work but you can find a basic overview of the back here:  http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04716083

0 Kudos
pcpunk
Author
Level 6
299 229 8 20
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I went to youtube, ugg.  Got er done, thanks anyway.

0 Kudos
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,688
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

>  I don't see a Service Manaul anywhere on this site.  

See: http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-23-All-in-One-Desktop-PC-series/6528335/model/652977...

Under "User Guides", see:   Upgrading and Servicing Guide 5.10MB 

as a PDF file.

0 Kudos
pcpunk
Author
Level 6
299 229 8 20
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@mdklassen, Thanks, saw that and looked it over, but it is hardley a Service Manual.  It is enough to remove the case and that's all I needed, although...used youtube for that.  I'll look again because I don't remember the 5.10MB File, thought it was smaller.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation