Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
p6310y
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The sage:  started slowly but got worse, the monitor stayed OFF after PC woke from sleep.  Tried driver update/roll back, update undo, but not luck.  Older computer (already replaced MB Violet6 due to bad ATA and HD).  Tried new VGA and DVI cables. No change.  Turned off sleep and no issues, so now to graphics card and PSU.

Question:  What graphics card still sold is compatable?  Specs below.  Don't need more performance, just convenience of not rebooting/saving monitor.  Found some referenced, but out of stock (i.e. no longer made).  I think the BIOS will be the show stopper with a newer card.

Thanks for any insights.

VR,

Sherwood

HP P6310y

Win 10 (64) v1511

AMD II X4 630/2.8 GHz

6GB RAM

PSU 300W

NVIDIA GeForce 9100 Integrated Graphics

Driver 21.21.13.4210  - 11/14/2016

Monitor Generic PnP - Drive NVIDIA, 6/21/2006

full specs http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01959720

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Sherwood1234, welcome to the forum.

I have stopped recommending video cards for older computers.  It is too difficult to assure that they will work.  Your best option is to choose a manufacturer and contact their Tech Support for help with choosing the best card for your system.  They are the experts on their products.  This will save you frustation and money.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

@Sherwood1234,

You replaced the motherboard, knowing there was a design flaw.  But it's still the same board, with the same flaw. The problem is the NVIDIA chip.  You have had an interesting run with a circa 2009 machine. Time to consider this point.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.