cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
dwsprague
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

P6803W Adding WiFi to Desktop after upgrading to Windows 10

HP Recommended
Pavilion 6803
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Asking for help to determine best product to use for connecting this system to Wifi network. USB or is there a wifi card that can be installed? Any complatibility issues to be concerned with? My son would like to use this for computer gaming. Budget is very low and this was the most cost effective system upgrade for a 12 year old. Wired connection not feasible at this time.

System came with Windows 7 home and was upgrade with free windows 10 home. Other than OS upgrade is practically factory new.

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
129,159 119,336 19,490 29,785
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

I use this USB adapter on 3 of my HP business desktop PC's running W10.  Works great and it is dual band.

It also comes with about a 3' USB cable with a cradle so you can position the adapter for the best reception.

https://www.amazon.com/Linksys-Dual-Band-Wireless-N-Adapter-AE3000/dp/B007ZLGXA8

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation