The HP Community is here for you.
06-15-2014 05:27 AM
I have (2) HP desktops that I would like to upgrade the wireless to dual band and better range (external antenae)
Both PCs have the wirelss mini card plugged into the mother board
The existing mini cards are already "n" standard, but are only single band
My wireless router is an ASUS dark night which I currently have setup to dual band mode
I want to install: TP Link Wireless N450 Dual Band PCI Express Adapter (TL-WDN4800)
- Is this upgrade possible?
- Do I need to remove the existing wirelss mini-cards, or simply disable them in device manager?
- Do I need to make any changes in BIOS?
06-15-2014 06:45 AM
I already have the TP link internal cards on order, and do prefer the integrated solution (however if I'm sure it won't work, I'll return those cards to BestBuy and go for USB instead)
06-15-2014 06:50 AM
Just another comment - my intention is to get a dual band solution: Reason, I want to use the 5Ghz band for my 2 desktops
1) I have a Panasonic microwave (inverter technology) that could interfere on the 2.4 ghz band
2) I am planning to get a SONOS wireless speaker system (which also uses 2.4 ghz band) - I've read of intereference issues on the 2.4 ghz band
3) My ASUS router does outoput on dual band - so I want to take advantage of band