cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
MemphisLady
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

PC BIOS Update (Rom Family SSID 81B7) Failed

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion touch all-in-one 2
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

the hp message said the update was critical

I downloaded and it went thru the install process... then gave error message

it said Installation compete along the top

then underneath it says

Failed Installation

x HP Conusmer Desktop PC BIOS (ROM Family SSID 81B7)

So what do I do now??????

Update... I incorrectly entered my operating system.  it is Windows 10 Home 64 bit

3 REPLIES 3
Malygris1
Retired
Retired
7,771 6,809 454 848
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there @MemphisLady,

May the Forums be with you!  I understand that you are having a problem with an update delivered by the HP Support Assistant.  I am happy to give you a hand with this.

Please post the full product number for your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.  HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

You could try manually downloading the driver from the support page for your model which I could link here for you if you prefer, once I have your model number. If you try that you could also try temporarily disabling your antivirus software, just in case it is blocking something.  Also you can try following this: HP PCs - Troubleshooting HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 😎 and see if it helps.

Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
MemphisLady
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Product number:  V8P07AA#ABA

Serial number:  (removed content)

Product name: 27-a027c

Thanks for responding...

Would appreciate a link to my download rather than have to go thru a series of questions I may not know how to answer.

RRKK
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I also have problem with updating ROM FAMILY SSID 81B7.  MY desktop PAvillion is brand new, with Product number: Z8G37AA#AB4

1) downloaded successful from HP Support Assistant

2) installed with message "The BIOS update was prepared successfully"

3) However when rebooted, message says "The System BIOS update Failed.  Unable to open BIOS Image file".  Therafter after root, HP Support Assistant still has message that this update needs to be installed.

Apprecaite any assistance.  Thanks

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation