Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
8 6 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

PC Crashes on Wake Up from Sleep After Installing Windows 10 Anniversary Update

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion p7-1421 Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All,

After installing the Windows 10 Anniversary Update my PC crashes on wake from sleep.

It happens about 50% of the time on wakeup from sleep. Here are the symptoms:

1. On wake from sleep my mouse cursor is only visable on my secondary monitor and the screen is black
  2. The windows working icon spins on blank/black secondary monitor a few times and then the computer automatically restarts
  3. I have found a workaround by putting the computer back to sleep before the crash/restart and then waking it up again
  4. I have updated my Video Card driver (which happens automatically in Windows 10 anyway)
  5. I have emailed AMD tech support and they said it was a known issue but they are no longer updating drivers for my system

Do you have any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

I have seen multiple posts for different systems on the Microsoft Tech Support website here are some of them:

Windows 10 Anniversary Update freezes at lock screen when waking from sleep

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-anniversary-update-fre...

Windows 10 may freeze after installing the Anniversary Update - Updated 8-31-16

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-10-may-freeze-after-...

These solutions do not work.

Thanks for your help!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
5 2 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Similar problem on ProBook 470 G2 crashes on entering sleep or when waking up .. 50% chance

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation