Note on archived topics.
09-11-2016 07:58 PM
After installing the Windows 10 Anniversary Update my PC crashes on wake from sleep.
It happens about 50% of the time on wakeup from sleep. Here are the symptoms:
- On wake from sleep my mouse cursor is only visable on my secondary monitor and the screen is black
- The windows working icon spins on blank/black secondary monitor a few times and then the computer automatically restarts
- I have found a workaround by putting the computer back to sleep before the crash/restart and then waking it up again
- I have updated my Video Card driver (which happens automatically in Windows 10 anyway)
- I have emailed AMD tech support and they said it was a known issue but they are no longer updating drivers for my system
Do you have any suggestions on how to fix this issue?
I have seen multiple posts for different systems on the Microsoft Tech Support website here are some of them:
Windows 10 Anniversary Update freezes at lock screen when waking from sleep
Windows 10 may freeze after installing the Anniversary Update - Updated 8-31-16
These solutions do not work.
Thanks for your help!