Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Tutor
Message 1 of 2 (555 Views)

PC Crashes on Wake Up from Sleep After Installing Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Product Name: HP Pavilion p7-1421 Desktop PC
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All,

After installing the Windows 10 Anniversary Update my PC crashes on wake from sleep.

It happens about 50% of the time on wakeup from sleep. Here are the symptoms:

1. On wake from sleep my mouse cursor is only visable on my secondary monitor and the screen is black
  2. The windows working icon spins on blank/black secondary monitor a few times and then the computer automatically restarts
  3. I have found a workaround by putting the computer back to sleep before the crash/restart and then waking it up again
  4. I have updated my Video Card driver (which happens automatically in Windows 10 anyway)
  5. I have emailed AMD tech support and they said it was a known issue but they are no longer updating drivers for my system

Do you have any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

I have seen multiple posts for different systems on the Microsoft Tech Support website here are some of them:

Windows 10 Anniversary Update freezes at lock screen when waking from sleep

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-anniversary-update-fre...

Windows 10 may freeze after installing the Anniversary Update - Updated 8-31-16

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-10-may-freeze-after-...

These solutions do not work.

Thanks for your help!

Honor Student
Message 2 of 2 (507 Views)

Re: PC Crashes on Wake Up from Sleep After Installing Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Similar problem on ProBook 470 G2 crashes on entering sleep or when waking up .. 50% chance

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation