cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Cyberian75
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

PC Fan Recommendations

Hey,

I've HP Pavilion 190t with Truckee as its motherboard.  I believe its case fan is slowly dying.

Can I use any fan with 3-pin connectors?  Or do I need to match the size?

Thank you!

Michael
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Cyberian75
5 3 0 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

PC Fan Recommendations

Would this work?

Michael
0 Kudos
Woodwood
Level 5
266 229 3 29
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

PC Fan Recommendations

Any fan with the same connector as original would work. If the orinal was 3-pin any 3 pn connctor fan of the same size and sex will work, they are normally impossible to conect the wrong way round but take note of wire colours.
As regards fan size, think of how you're going to mount it (attach it to your case, and space in the case for the fan: will a 25mm thick fan fit in in the space from which you have taken a 10 mm thick fan ?
Ensure you put the fan the correct way round (airflow is in same direction as originally intended)
Finally, I'd replace the fan with on that has the same or greater airflow capacity

Woodwodd
3.December.2012.

0 Kudos
Cyberian75
5 3 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

PC Fan Recommendations

I've read that 80mm fans are generally for GPUs, etc.  Is this true?

So I've ordered a 120mm one.

Michael
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Woodwood
Level 5
266 229 3 29
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

PC Fan Recommendations

I don't whether this is true.  Statistically, may be.

Use the fan that suits you.

I don't about the fan you are trying to replace, sounds like an 80mm one.  A 120mm would probably shift more air, but a) will it fit ? and b) how are tyou going to mount it it ? drill more holes in your case ? These are rhetorical questions to illustrate that there are other factors.

Woodwood

3.December.2012 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation