cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
1Diver
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

PC Shuts down unexpectedly

HP Recommended
Pavillion HPE h8-1360t
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a Pavillion HPE h8-1360t that shuts down unexpectedly as if the power cord was pulled.  Happens many times each day.  It reboots just fine.

I replaced the power supply and video board, tested the memory one board at a time, blew out any dust, monitored temps and all around 28-32c, fans all working. 

I restored operating system back to factory thinking it may be driver related, but did not resolve the issue.

I am to the point of replacing the entire PC, but its only a few years old.  Would rather solve the issue.

Any thoughts or next steps?

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Big_Dave
Level 15
28,006 27,535 1,811 5,051
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

There have been similar issues posted of the forum sometime back and the attempted remedies were almost identical if not identical. It turned out in one instance the circuit was on a timer.  Another situation was that the PC was on a circuit with an older refrigerator.  Every time the refrigerator turned on the PC shut down.  Moral of these stories are to be sure that the electrical circuits are stable. 

If the above doesn't help then clear the CMOS.  You might want to even test the CMOS battery and make sure that it reads near 3.3+ volts.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 10 x64
Custom PC - Z390, i7-9700K, 32GB, dual 512 GB NVMe, dual 512 SSDs, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 2080TI 11GB
1Diver
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the response.

I forgot to mention the PC is on a CyberPower UPS. I have two PC's on the same UPS and this is the only one with issues.

I rolled it to a different UPS outlet and then a wall outlet off of the UPS. The problem still follows the PC no matter where i plug it in.

I will check the PC battery and the clear the CMOS to see if that works.  I never thought of that. I am hopeful.

0 Kudos
1Diver
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I cleared the CMOS and checked the battery.  It reads 3.2v.  I was going to change it, but the new one read 3.17V, so I just put the old one back in.

I rebooted and got everything back to normal.  PC worked for about 15 minutes and dropped like I pulled the power plug from the wall.

Unfortunately, the problem still exists.

Would you have any other suggestions I could try?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Big_Dave
Level 15
28,006 27,535 1,811 5,051
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have a list of suggestions but I forgot where the list is located.  There are lots of forgetful posts on this forum.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 10 x64
Custom PC - Z390, i7-9700K, 32GB, dual 512 GB NVMe, dual 512 SSDs, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 2080TI 11GB
0 Kudos
1Diver
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I restored the PC to its original factory configuration once again, but did not allow any Windows updates just to see what happens.

It still powers down on its own within 20 minutes.  I believe this is either a CPU or Motherboard issue at this point.

It may be time to replace the PC.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation