cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
FatihEren Tutor
Tutor
12 7 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

PC automaticly boots when ethernet cable plugged in

HP Z440 Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have a problem with my co-workers PC.

Its an HP Z440 Workstation.(win 10 64 bit)

The PC is shut down and every cable is plugged in except for the ethernet cable, when its plugged in it boots automaticly after a few minutes.

When i shut the pc down it automaticly reboots.

could anyone help me out? im clueless, ive searched on the internet and tried a few different cables.

kind regards,

Eren.

New student.
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
FatihEren Tutor
Tutor
12 7 0 1
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

PC automaticly boots when ethernet cable plugged in

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/32223-42-starts-network-cable-plugged

ive found this but i cannot find the setting this person is talking about

*It's because the setting is enabled that allows your PC to be brought out of Standby or Hibernation by another computer in your network. That could include a router. One workaround is to forget Standby and turn the machine off or you could post which Operating System you're using and someone will help you find that setting.*

New student.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation