cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Aggro3
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

PC cannot detect Wifi adapter

HP Recommended
Envy 23-d034
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

All of a sudden my PC no longer connects via Wifi and it says no connections are available. I know the network is there because every other device in my house is connected to it. I can connect via ethernet but that's not a solution since the only router in the room is my business class router and it has to be kept only for work use. I tried reinstalling the wifi driver and I got an error message saying minimum system requirements not met. I don't know what to do...is it possible my wifi got "unplugged" somehow internally?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Chimney_83
Retired
Retired
8,121 8,112 487 951
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings @Aggro3

Welcome to HP Forums and thank for the post. 

I see you are unable to connect to any wireless networks as they are not listed. Happy to help. 

Good job in uninstalling the wireless adapter from device manager?

Did you check in device manager if network adapter had any errors or exclamation mark?

Did you change the router or your ISP?

The computer is running on Windows 8.1, correct?

Please check if the wireless adapter is enabled in device manager (check if there are any errors)

Open network and sharing center by doing right-click on the network icon the taskbar. 

On the network and sharing center screen, select the option "change adapter settings" available on the left of the screen.

This would display the network adapters on the computer. 

Right-click on the wireless adapter and check if it is enabled and try to connect to your network. 

You can also, run the troubleshooter available in the control panel to check if it can detect and fix the issue for you. 

Once your computer is connected to the internet, you can also make sure all the drivers are updated using HP Support Assistant. Click here for assistance. 

For other troubleshooting steps, refer to this article

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation