Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
PC HP Pavilion p6-2400es
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HDMI cord connection to my TV that usually worked well but since some moths ago it has stopped working. Tv says "no signal".

it started happening more or less when I updated my OS to MS Windows10 although I don't know if this was the cause.

I don't have this issue with my labtop -also updated to Windows 10 some month ago-. the cord connexion seems to work well also.

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Typically what happens is an update changes one of the settings, then it is just a matter of checking out the settings.  With the TV set on the correct HDMI input and the computer connected via HDMI, right click on an empty spot of the desktop and then pick "Display settings".  There should be a graphic showing the monitor with a "1" inside. Directly under that it should say "Identify"   and    "Detect".  Click on Detect to have Windows look for the TV.  If things are working, it should then find the TV.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

thanks a lot for your reply. really kind from your side.

[IMG]http://i65.tinypic.com/am68y.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i67.tinypic.com/2s97oea.jpg[/IMG]

when I click detect the answer is "no screen found" -in red in the first image- . I have this option selected: several screen/ duplicate screens.

the screen is detected by my NVIDIA card -as you can see in the second image-.

and I should say that the HDMI connexion is also detected as the audio speakers are disabled once the HDMI is connected.

HP Recommended

THE SPEC PAGE for that model indicates it has the NVIDIA GeForce GT 620 graphics card installed.  I assume that is where the monitor and HDMI for the TV are connected, right?  Also assuming the monitor is connected on the DVI output, correct?

I suppose the NVIDIA GeForce GT 620 card could be malfunctioning.  The motherboard has two DVI outputs available, if the NVIDIA GeForce GT 620 was removed, you could connect to the two DVI outputs to see if both are detected correctly then.  If it then works as expected, it would indicate a problem with the graphics card.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

yes, I must say all these things are new to me, but according to your link, monitor and HDMI for the TV are connected to NVIDIA. monitor to DVI output -when I try to detect at "Display settings" the PC screen it replies also "no screen detected", although it works, more or less, correctly-. 

I cannot test  3- DVI-D  4 - DVI-I . they have a protection I cannot unscrew.

graphic card by itself should not be the problem. its HDMI connection worked well before I updated windows -although I don't know it this is the cause,  anyway it came full of missfunctions, audio disabled, for instance-. I removed once some months ago NVIDIA drivers but after reinstalling the problem remained.

HP Recommended

It seems there is a problem with the way Windows communicates with the NVIDIA.  I did some checking on the web concerning this problem.  It seems there might be a solution in the NVIDIA settings.  There are two avenues to explore.

First - go to Device Manager.  Click on the "Display adapters" arrow.  Right click on the NVIDIA, then pick the "Driver" tab.  Look at the "Driver Provider:" and the "Driver Date"  If that happens to be close to the time you noticed this quit working, then click on "Roll Back Driver".  Or try the "Update Driver".  It might start working again with either or both.

Second, if there still is a problem - go back to that second page you showed.  Instead of the selction in "Video", select the "Set up multiple displays" under the Display heading.  See what that shows. Show me a screenshot of that setting. 

Lastly, it might be the setting for the second display resolution has been altered from what the TV can display.

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

I just did "Roll Back Driver" and later on "Update Driver" but neither of them solved the problem.  Roll Back Driver drove me to August 2016 so maybe was a time when Windows 10 was already installed.

the screenshot:

if I try to change my TV resolution, my PC screen resolution is affected also. it looks like as having different screen resolutions was not possible.

HP Recommended

With that picture, it sure seems that the card can see the TV.  Have you considered a different HDMI port on the TV or even try it on a different TV?  There has to be a reason why the TV is not producing a picture.  Have you tried turning the TV off and see what the PC says and then turn it back onagain?

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

TV shouldn't be the problem. the first check I did was connecting my labtob to the same cord and TV HDMI port and it worked well.

after you hints I have reached this link.:

http://ivanrf.com/nvidia-problema-compatibilidad-windows-10/

it's in Spanish but it suggests installing something called Media Creation Tool.

maybe I should do that.

HP Recommended

You can try the NVIDIA update tool talked about but the Media Creation Tool is to download the Windows 10 install media.

I'm not an HP employee.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.