cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
IROCKY
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

PC will not start No bios

HP Pavilion p6-2326s
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

I was upgrading to windows 10 and the system stopped working. I have the power light on the back and fans come on when the power button is pushed. You can hear the DVD hunting. And that's as far as it goes. Monitor says no signal, I have tested the monitor on another system, it is fine. I have tried a hard reset, unplug and push the power for 5 seconds...no help. No light on the optical mouse and now keyboard lights. No power button light or HD light. No beeping. CPU fan is running as well as the cooling fan in the back of the case, powered off the motherboard. I would say the motherboard is getting power. No HD noise at all.

Is there a way of resetting the motherboard? Pull the backup battery?

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3,304 3,302 178 338
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@IROCKY,

Welcome to HP Support Forums. Best platform for all sorts of solutions, tips and tweaks to your questions/issues.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

PC has power, but nothing comes up. Is that right?

Thank you for sharing the issue details. I would like to help you.

I recommend you try the steps from the link below and check if that fixes the issue.

http://hp.care/2bFxsql

Hope this helps. Let me know for more.

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
IROCKY
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Resolv_S, thank you for responding. I have been thru all the recomended steps for trouble shooting that HP has.

Green power light is on next to the plug. Fans run and DVD hunts when powered, no light on the power button or HD acitivity. I tried the "hard start" and have reseated the memory. Checked the monitor with a laptop and it works fine, no signal message when trying to start the HP. No USB power, no keyboard or mouse. MOBO is getting power, CPU fan, case fan and DVD running.

The only thing that my research has reveiled is that there are may other people with the same problem. I would consider 4 years to be a very short life span for these motherboards. And they are not cheap to replace.

-I Rocky

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3,304 3,302 178 338
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@IROCKY,

I thank you for the reply.

Seems like a motherboard issue, I recommend you to reach out HP Phone support for any parts replacements using the link below.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

Hope this helps. Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation