Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Webbo Tutor
Tutor
13 8 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

PC won't start - one short beep one long beep...

... nothing displayed on monitor.

Pavilion Slimline s5110uk

According to HP website this beep code = memory problem. However I'm not sure about that as I was  previously getting a system fan error message

I took the panel of the case to clean up and check the fan which is actually ok. Now I've got the beeps.

Incidentally the problem started with the beeps, then after the first time I cleaned inside it changed to the system fan message.

I've seen some advice on this website about removing memory one at a time and trying again.

Just wondering if anyone has come across this before and may have different advice?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Webbo Tutor
Tutor
13 8 0 0
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

An update on my own post...

Disconnected the monitor  and switched on pc - no beeps

Switched off pc and monitor, re-connected monitor - switched on again and it now works!

Keeping my fingers crossed that this was a simple case of a loose connection (with misleading 'memory problem' beep code!) rather than manifestation of more serious problem somewhere else

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
46245 40506 4383 11263
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I would consider updating the Intel chipset drivers. Go to the Intel driver update website. There is a utility provided by Intel that will determine which chipset is installed. Once you know that, then you can download the Intel chipset update utility for the specific chipset.

If you really want to say thanks, click on the Thumbs up icon .
If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

0 Kudos
neharris85 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

One short beep one long beep, checked and cleaned fans PC worked a month and it has started again this time cleaning fans did not work

0 Kudos
Provost
Provost
28010 27540 1807 5031
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I looked at your other post. Which is it? One long followed by one short or one short followed by one long?

HP Photosmart 6520
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 10 x64
Custom PC - Z390, i7-9700K, 32GB, dual 512 GB NVMe, dual 512 SSDs, 2K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 2080TI 11GB
0 Kudos
ferdi2050 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!

I have the same problem, using a HP Pavilion m7625.sc. I got a short beep followed by a long.

What do i have to do to solve the problem?

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation