Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
kotevemil Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

PC wont detect windows 10 copy

Pavilion 500-027c

i just got a new hard drive for my PC because my old hard drive some thing happen to it so now i went to best buy and i got a windows 10 copy and i put it in the PC wont boot from it i tryed somany setings and all my USb ports and still it wont work. oh an also it sasy no boot device found and pls install an OS on your PC here is a video i made for you guys to see if you can

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaXPf6L7jvE

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES
PhD Student
PhD Student
975 31 106
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

I am not sure what you done, but the PC is trying to boot and load from the network, it is looking, via ethernet, for a DHCP way to boot and load an OS.   May be you need to change the BIOS boot order.

So the copy of Windows 10, USB or DVD, needs to be in a port/device that is the primary boot device, and disable network booting, either by removing the ethernet cable and/or disable wake on LAN in the BIOS.

AND you can obtain a 'spare' copy of W 10 from here (https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10) but you will need to activate it either from an earlier install or by key, which is an .iso and will burn to DVD or USB.

If in doubt please ask.

0 Kudos
kotevemil Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

how do i know whereis the primary boot port and i dissabled the ethernet cable and dissabled network boot but now when i boot it saysno boot disc found

ok i took the files from the USB and coped them to a dvd i cant get a dvd boot opticon

0 Kudos
PhD Student
PhD Student
975 31 106
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

In the video you have options F1 for Sys Info, F2 for diagnostics and I suggest you run that.  Then you have F9 for Boot options and F11 for Recovery, I assume F11 has been tried and reports a problem. 

F9 shows Legact Boot, a DVD drive to boot and a Hard disk. 

Also it looks like the UEFI has drop down options.

In the video I cannot tell what option to boot you chose.

So without a more structured approach to what you are doing I cannot help.

What does F1 do?

What happens when you select F2?

What F9 option was chosen, and was more than choice made?

Does F11 have any effect at all?

Also if you put the USB in and the DVD in before you power on what happens?

It is no good taking a USB that may not work and copying it to DVD.  You should download from the link I gave and create new bootable media, both DVD and USB if you like.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation