Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

We recently received a new piece of production equipment that included an HP ProDesk 600 G1 WIN7 Home Premium 64-bit PC.  The manufacturer assures me that the PC is unchanged for their purpose other than the install of their controller software and a static IP assigned to the onboard NIC which is used to communicate with their equipments controller board.

I'm trying to install a PCI-e x1 NIC into this PC for connection to our network.  For some reason the card is not being detected by the WIN7 OS.  I've tried all three PCI-e slots on this computer, reset the bios to factory defaults (in case something was changed) and tried multiple cards, all with the same result.  I've also checked the cards in other PC's and they are detected normally and I'm prompted to install the driver. 

When a cable is plugged into the NIC the indicators on the back show activity but there is nothing showing for the 2nd NIC in Device Manager or Adapters in Network and Sharing Center.

Is there some obscure setting in the bios that I'm not seeing that disables hardware detection?  Has anyone ever run into a similar case before?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I just found another post related to a ProDesk 800 G1 with the same issue.  There is a link to the datasheet for that Tower referencing a compatibilty list for accessories but I'm not seeing that list.  I've also done a search for I217LM compatibility lists and haven't found anything.  Am I missing something here?

/t5/Business-PCs-Compaq-Elite-Pro/800-G1-TWR-not-detecting-PCIe-Network-Cards/m-p/6476718/highlight/...

HP Recommended

Did you end up finding a solution for this?

HP Recommended
I have just discovered the same problem on my HP ProDesk 600 G1 SFF. The computer fails to see the HVR2200 TV card. I've tried all PCI slots, updated BIOS, various slot security settings. The card works fine in my beige box. Seems like an obscure BIOS issue to me.

Has anybody found a solution?
HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem with a tv tuner on my HP ProDesk 400.  I've tried all 3 pci-e slots and the card is not recognized at all on either my Windows 7 or Ubuntu partitions. It's picked up instantly on my custom built computer.

HP Recommended
I ended up upgrading the Bios to the latest and that seemed to have fixed the issue.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the tip, but even after updating the BIOS the computer still is not recognizing the card in any of the pci-e slots.

HP Recommended

I tried to install a PCI LAN card, but failed.

Would upgrading bios from v02.65 Rev.A to 00.02.68 Rev.A help to solve the problem??

Does it mean that all PCI slots do not work under bios v02.65 Rev. A??

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.