Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
CharlieL1100 Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 1 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

PCIe SATA II Host Card with RAID not recognized

Hello,

I have a HP Pavilion HPE h8-1360t Desktop and I have been trying to install a Vantec 2-Port SATA II 300 PCIe Host Card with RAID. It uses a Silicon Image 3132 controller http://www.siliconimage.com/solutions/pc/host-controller/. The operating system is Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 64 bit.

The computer does not recognize the card in any of the PCIe slots and it does not appear in the device manager. I cannot bring up the card's BIOS, either. I have started and restarted the computer with the card in and out of each of the slots and it is never recognized.

Any ideas on how I can get the computer to recognise the card?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
16 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
45598 4302 10938
Message 2 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Enter the BIOS and see if it is recognized as being present. That is where you should begin. According to the information on Vantec's website you should see the SATA ports in the device manager after it is installed. 

Best regards,

erico

Click on the Thumbs up to say thanks .
If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

0 Kudos
CharlieL1100 Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 3 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I checked the BIOS and I do not see it. I went through each of the menus in the BIOS and I see the hard drives, the DVD drive, and the graphics card. Each of the PCIe slots are enabled.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
45598 4302 10938
Message 4 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Do you have another PC you can try it in?

You may have a defective card. It is difficult to say without another PC to verify that in. Contact VantecUSA or the vendor that you purchased it from for support.

Best regards,

erico

Click on the Thumbs up to say thanks .
If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

0 Kudos
CharlieL1100 Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 5 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Actually, I spoke with Vanco and exchanged the card for an identical one, which is also not recognized. They suggested contacting HP. Does it make a difference it the hard drives are listed as SATA or AHCI by the BIOS? The default for the computer is AHCI.

0 Kudos
Provost
Provost
28010 1807 5026
Message 6 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi CharlieL1100,

Try clearing the CMOS.  If this doesn't work then it's a good bet that the card is not fully PCI-E version 2 compliant.

HP Photosmart 6520
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 10 x64
Custom PC - Z390, i7-9700K, 16GB, 512 GB NVMe, dual 512 SSDs, 2K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 2080TI 11GB
0 Kudos
CharlieL1100 Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 7 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestion. I will have to wait until I get home from work. I'll let you know how it turns out!

0 Kudos
CharlieL1100 Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 8 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Nope. Still the same after clearing the CMOS. Looks like that's all that I can do.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
bigpop Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 9 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having exactly the same problem. I have tried two known good working SATA cards (SiI 3132 chipset). They work fine in another comuter but neither work in my h8-1360t. They are not identified in the BIOS at all and there is nothing in Device Manager. I had a working Intel NIC card in PCIe slot 1 and tried these cards in PCIe slot 2. I then swapped the NIC card to slot 2 and it worked fine so both the PCIe slots on the h8-1360t are good. I then tried both the SATA cards in PCIe slot 1and they still are not recognized.

SO: The cards are good and the slot in the HP is good. From online searches I can see I am not the only one with this issue. Please help!

0 Kudos
dt03457 Tutor
Tutor
8 1 1
Message 10 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Same issue with HP Pavillion t6-2220 and PCIe DP SATA II PCIe RAID from SIIG.  I know the card is good as I put it in a different machine and it shows up.  I tried all the PCIe slots and none of them show the device.

Is there a fix for this?

thanks,

dt03457

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation