Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
panteliss Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

PCIe SSD in 8200 Elite

HP/Compaq 8200 Elite CMT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Greetings,

Does someone has any experience, or knowledge on if the 8200 Elite will boot from a PCIe SSD disk like the Kingston HyperX Predator (with the HHHL adapter) or a similar product?

The only information I could find so far, is that it probably won't boot from an NVMe device with a PCIe adapter.

Thanks,

Pantelis

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
20458 2247 7479
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

PCIe SSD in 8200 Elite

Panteliss, welcome to the forum.

Here are the recommendations from Crucial Memory.  If Crucial recommends a SSD it is guaranteed to work or it will be replaced with no additional cost to you.  If you have questions, you should contact their Tech Support to answer them before ordering a SSD.  There are six different capacities from which to choose.  Crucial makes very good quality products.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

-----------------------------------------
Signature:

HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)

HP Omen 880-160se; i7-8700K; 16 GB DDR4 2400; GTX 1070-8 GB; 512 GB SSD M.2; Win 10 Home

HP Spectre 360 Convertible; i7-7560U; 16 GB memory; Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics 640; 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD; 13.3" diagonal 4K UHD UWVA eDP BrightView WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass (3840 x 2160); Windows 10 Pro 64 with Windows Ink

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

PCIe SSD in 8200 Elite

Thank you very much for your message!

Thanks on the info on Crucial, nice to know, usually I checked with the Kingston website.

It seems that Crucial doesn't have a similar product to what I'm looking for!

As I specified, looking for information on if 8200 Elite will boot off a PCI card. And specifically a PCIe SSD card, not drive!

I was hoping if someone has info from HP on that, or if someone has actually tried it and worked.

I found on a foreign language forum, that the Mushkin Scorpion PCIe SSD actually works on 8100/8200 but I can't find this card in my country!

That's why I'm asking for Kingston HyperX Predator HHHL, or a similar product from Intel (like the 750-series) or something!

Kind regards,

Pantelis

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
20458 2247 7479
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

PCIe SSD in 8200 Elite

You are very welcome.  I hope that you find what you need.  I am not very familiar with that type of SSD.

-----------------------------------------
Signature:

HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)

HP Omen 880-160se; i7-8700K; 16 GB DDR4 2400; GTX 1070-8 GB; 512 GB SSD M.2; Win 10 Home

HP Spectre 360 Convertible; i7-7560U; 16 GB memory; Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics 640; 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD; 13.3" diagonal 4K UHD UWVA eDP BrightView WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass (3840 x 2160); Windows 10 Pro 64 with Windows Ink

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation