cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Sf1eagles
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pavilion 23 - 0x000021a on boot

Pavilion 23
Hi all,

I am receiving code 0x000021a when I try to boot after updatting windows 8/8.1 (not sure if 8 or 8.1 as this is a friend's computer). Will you please advise on best steps to take? A bit of a noob and cannot provide more specs of the PC since cannot boot.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Retired
Retired
7,771 6,895 449 843
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there @Sf1eagles,

I hope you find your Support Forum experience a positive one! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand that you are seeing an error code of "0x000021a". I am happy to give you a hand with this.

Can you verify the error code you are seeing? I suspect it is likely supposed to read either 0x0000021a or 0xC000021a. Please let me know which it actually should be or if it is something else.

Also if you can, please post the full product number of the All-in-One computer. See the following, if you need help with that information. HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?  If you manage to find it, it could help with any drivers that may be necessary.

Please let me know.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Level 4 RajDebashish
Level 4
79 79 3 10
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome.
This may help to resolve your issue.

we got some troubleshooting steps in order to resolve the issue.

I would suggest you to perform a startup repair using Windows 8 bootable DVD or USB drive and check if that helps.

a. Insert the installation DVD or USB and boot Windows 8 from it.
Note: As you are using Ultrabook and do not have CDROM drive so create bootable USB derive.

b. In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.

c. Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.

d. Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Automatic Repair’ and select the operating system.

Hope it helps. For any further Windows related assistance, feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help

#hpexpertday

Regards;
Debashish
I am an HP employee
Please click the White Kudos star to say thanks for helping.
Please mark Accept As Solution if my help has solved your problem.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation