cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
CocchiCocchi
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Pavilion 23xi display clarity

HP Recommended
Pavilion 23xi Monitor
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We purchased the standard HP Envy desktop with Intel Core i7 processor and Pavilion 23xi monitor from Costco.  The computer works fine but now that I'm using it more I've noticed that the image quality of the monitor is horrible.

Photos appear reasonably well but text in all programs is hard to read.  It appears the resolution is very low making the letters appear choppy.

Is there a fix?  Possibly a video card with an HDMI output to take advantage of the HDMI input to the monitor?  Or is the monitor just crappy and can't do any better?

Thanks for the help, looking forward to getting this resolved.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
CocchiCocchi
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The monitor is already set to the highest resolution and the color depth is set to 32 bit which is the only option even though the OS is 64 bit, Windows 10

0 Kudos
Rainbow23
Retired
Retired
7,692 7,685 427 601
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@CocchiCocchi, welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out.

I understand that you are facing display issues with your HP Pavilion 23xi 23-inch Diagonal IPS LED Backlit Monitor.

Don't worry as I have a few steps that should help fix this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the link:  Display Quality Issues

Let me know how that works.

I hope you have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
CocchiCocchi
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Those suggestions didn't help.  The picture on the screen appears to be displaying correctly but the resolution for fonts is horrible.

Would an HDMI connection and a better video card fix it or is it just that the monitor is low quality?

0 Kudos
Rainbow23
Retired
Retired
7,692 7,685 427 601
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@CocchiCocchi, thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue still persists after following the steps provided in the previous interaction.

This issue could occur if the text settings are not correct.

Please follow the link: http://hp.care/2fLLGr7

Let me know if this works.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
CocchiCocchi
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried the suggestions in that link but there has been no change with this problem.  Turning down the brightness and contrast made the screen easier to look at but the text is still choppy as if the screen is set to a very low resolution.  

The screen is set to the correct resolution.  Photos and text that is embedded in photos are clear, text that is generated as part of a web page or document appears choppy.

@rainbow123 are you a real person or a computer that is using keywords to generate responses?

The monitor is using the DVI source.

My original question asked if an HDMI connection to the monitor would improve the text resolution.  I'm still wondering if that would help but I think I'd need a new video card with an HDMI output.

Or I can just return the computer to Costco two years later and tell them I've given up trying to make it work.  It's just horrible the way it is and I'm tired of avoiding the problem and using my laptop or other computer instead.

0 Kudos
Rainbow23
Retired
Retired
7,692 7,685 427 601
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@CocchiCocchi,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue still persists after following the steps provided in the previous interaction.

I request you to connect an alternate monitor and check to isolate the issue. If the issue persists with the alternate monitor, then please get back to us with the model number of the computer.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation