Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion x7xi
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi all,

I have an Acer laptop running Windows 10. My Pavilion 27xi used to connect just fine. Then I installed Quicken 2016 and now the monitor displays a message that it's "scanning" for HDMI, but  then goes to sleep. The laptop does not detect the monitor either. 

I have done a System Restore to before the Quicken install.

I have reinstalled the monitor driver.

The monitor and cable work fine with the other windows 10 machine in the household. 

What can I try next? 

Thanks for your help.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

With the Pavilion 27xi connected to the laptop, right click on an empty spot on the desktop.  Then pick "Display Settings" from the popup menu.  Click on "Advanced display settings" and then "detect" under the display.  If the monitor is showing at that point, just set it up as another display.  If not, then a connection problem or bad cable is happening.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thank you for the suggestion. I did that step already. The cable does work with the other machine in the house. So I don't think it's the cable. 

HP Recommended

So you are saying that during that step with doing this it did not show?

With the Pavilion 27xi connected to the laptop, right click on an empty spot on the desktop.  Then pick "Display Settings" from the popup menu.  Click on "Advanced display settings" and then "detect" under the display. 

BTW:  Have you tried the monitor with the suspect cable still connected on a different computer through the HDMI connection?

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

"So you are saying that during that step with doing this it did not show?

With the Pavilion 27xi connected to the laptop, right click on an empty spot on the desktop.  Then pick "Display Settings" from the popup menu.  Click on "Advanced display settings" and then "detect" under the display."

Correct, it did not show.

The cable and monitor work with the other machine in the house. So, I don't think it's suspect. 

Thanks.

HP Recommended

This is not the correct place for this question if the "The cable and monitor work with the other machine in the house", since the problem is either with the Acer laptop or the interaction caused by the Quicken 2016 installation and not the HP monitor.

I am not familiar with either of those items.  Try either the Acer help or the Quicken help.

I'm not an HP employee.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.