cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
skeeter41
6 4 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post

Pavilion 500 267c

HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 500 267c

I am looking for help in interpreting a failed diagnostic test. I received the following reading:

Video Memory Check: Software Error

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Ashokkan
Level 5
Level 5
260 260 12 24
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello skeeter41,

The error indicates the problem with the graphics driver.  You may have to install the graphics driver all over again.  

First try with BIOS updates. 

So, you would have to call HP @ 866-211-5207   in order to get the help in installing these drivers.  The reason is , your computer appears to be about 3-4 years  and therefore we need to contact the support team who will be having the required drivers . 

Alternatively you could also check in the following link for the suitable drivers. 

http://www.computersurgeons.com/m-157-hp-pavilion-all-in-one-desktop-pc.aspx.

Thank you for choosing HP,

Regards,

Ashok ... HP..always working
0 Kudos
wb2001
Level 15
Level 15
12,842 12,635 1,770 4,997
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@skeeter41,

Has the unit completely failed?

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
0 Kudos
skeeter41
Author
6 4 0 0
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended
No. I can function. But when using my Google Chrone browser I am ofteb unterupted by what appears to ve malware. I.'ve downloaded Malwarbytes which has hekped greatly. The troublesome site Ithey keep rejecting is alh.crashesdisband.com
0 Kudos
wb2001
Level 15
Level 15
12,842 12,635 1,770 4,997
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@skeeter41,

Here is a suggested link to removing that pest.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
0 Kudos
skeeter41
Author
6 4 0 0
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Yes. I saw that link the other day and tried some of those things. Had difficulty carrying out his instructions but i did download PcFix which gave a long list of programs. I'm reluctant to uninstall what I don.t if I need. Perhaps i can contact the writer. I am using Windows 7. That may be why his windows file doesn't match mine
0 Kudos
Ashokkan
Level 5
Level 5
260 260 12 24
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Skeeter,

If you are having issue with Google chrome , then choose the alternate installer .... check the following link

https://support.google.com/installer/answer/126299?hl=en

Regards,

Ashok ... HP..always working
0 Kudos
skeeter41
Author
6 4 0 0
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Would you please explain to me what you mean by choose the alternate installer?  Are you suggesting changing from Chrome to another browser?  Or reinstalling Chrome?

0 Kudos
skeeter41
Author
6 4 0 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OK. I was able to go to that link and understand that you suggesting I install Chrome outside of widsows. I just did that. But then I wondered if I should have uninstalled my original Chrome first. I'm going to do that thinking it can't hurt. Hopefully this helps.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation