Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Idiens Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pavilion Desktop - Windows 10 upgrade - new drivers

Hi

I have a Pavilion desktop purchased in 2011.

Intel (R) core (TM) i3 processor, 4GB RAM, 64 bit.

Since upgrading to Windows 10 I am experiencing problems with video and audio.

The graphics card is an Intel(R) HD Graphics card (8.15.10.2900 dated 26 November 2012)  and sound is a Realtek High Definition Audio card (6.0.1.6662 dated 19 June 2012).

I've tried updating their drivers through Device Manager but windows tells me I'm on the latest versions.

Can anyone advise if there are any later, Windows 10 compatible, drivers for these cards and where I may find them?

thanks

Idiens

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Provost Provost
Provost
104118 94670 14571 22393
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

There wouldn't be anything you can do about the graphics driver.

If you have issues with the graphics, like W10 and like your PC, if you can, install a graphics card that works with the power supply your PC has, and W10.

You can update to the latest audio driver below.  Accept the agreement.  Download and install the 2nd driver on the list for 64 bit.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/Downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownT... Definition Audio Codecs

0 Kudos
Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
536 517 63 119
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi.

Welcome to the forum Idiens.

You can download any driver from this link:

Software and Driver Downloads

You can also download drivers with programs but it is not recommended due to virus

http://www.driverscloud.com/es/features

https://www.drivereasy.com/

Apart from participating in the forum of Hp in English and Portuguese, I am one of the main authors of solutions in the forum in Spanish.

If you want to thank and if it has been useful press the "Like" icon, if the problem has been solved you can press "Accept as a solution", likewise someone else who has the same question or problem can use this solution .

Return to the forum if you have more questions or problems.
0 Kudos
Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
536 517 63 119
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Find and fix problems playing sounds

Find and fix problems with devices and hardware

Apart from participating in the forum of Hp in English and Portuguese, I am one of the main authors of solutions in the forum in Spanish.

If you want to thank and if it has been useful press the "Like" icon, if the problem has been solved you can press "Accept as a solution", likewise someone else who has the same question or problem can use this solution .

0 Kudos
Idiens Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Goldmaster.

Many thanks for your reply.

The HP link you provided indicates that HP have not identified any Windows 10 related drivers for my HP Pavilion.

thanks

Idiens

0 Kudos
Idiens Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Paul

Many thanks for your reply.

The link to the audio driver provided an .exe which ran in two steps. But it failed to update the driver. However, I then downloaded the driver files themselves and installed from my PC, which worked fine. So, many thanks.

You also said "There wouldn't be anything you can do about the graphics driver." Why is that?

thanks

Idiens

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
104118 94670 14571 22393
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

There isn't an updated W10 Intel graphics driver that exists for the Intel HD 2500/3000 graphics.

That is why I suggest if you are having issues with the graphics, then you will need to install a compatible video card if your PC supports one.

0 Kudos
Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
536 517 63 119
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If there are no graphics drivers for your computer with windows 10, you will have to go back to an earlier version of windows.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation