cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Pavilion Elite HPE-130f - HP and other Software stops working and crashes

HP Recommended

Hi

I bought an HP Pavilion Elite HPE-130f last month, and a lot of the software I install or run just crashes.  It's running Windows 7 64 bit.

I tried to get the automatic diagnosis information to send to HP, but running it shows a Windows error message "HP Support Assistant has stopped working" with "Debug" and "Close Program" buttons.  There are 2 errors and an information message in the event logs in the following order:

First error:

.NET Runtime version 2.0.50727.5444 - Fatal Execution Engine Error (690EEA52) (80131506)

Second error:

Faulting application name: HPAdvisor.exe, version: 3.3.9512.3162, time stamp: 0x4ac2897e

Faulting module name: mscorwks.dll, version: 2.0.50727.5444, time stamp: 0x4d4f1425

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0007b1da

Faulting process id: 0x%9

Faulting application start time: 0x%10

Faulting application path: %11

Faulting module path: %12

Report Id: %13

Information event:

Fault bucket 2464278077, type 1

Event Name: APPCRASH

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: HPSF.exe

P2: 5.2.9.2

P3: 4d64d997

P4: mscorwks.dll

P5: 2.0.50727.5444

P6: 4d4f1425

P7: c0000005

P8: 0047435a

P9:

P10:

I get the same errors when I run HP Advisor, and quite a few other programs.  I've run Windows and HP updates until there's nothing left to update, and pretty much the only suggestions I can find about the second error message is to apply an MS patch (that doesn't work - the current libraries are later versions apparently) or re-install Windows.

Can anyone give me any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Anna-Maria

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation