cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Scott_R_C
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Pavilion HPE h8-1360t motherboard replacement

HP Recommended
Pavilion HPE h8-1360t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I hace a Pavilion HPE h8-1360t Desktop PC and the motherboard has died.  For the price i paid for the computer obviously i want to replace the motherboard. 

The question is should i get another:

• Manufacturer: Pegatron
  • Manufacturer name: IPMMB-FM
  • HP: Formosa

OR is there a better motherboard out there that i can plug all my current hardware into? (that will fit in the case)

• 3rd Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 quad-core processor [3.4GHz, 8MB Shared Cache]
• 16GB DDR3-1333MHz SDRAM [4 DIMMs]
• 1TB 7200 rpm SATA hard drive
• 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT630 [DVI, HDMI and VGA via adapter]
• 300W Power supply

• Wireless-N LAN card (1x1)

• SuperMulti DVD Burner

• 15-in-1 memory card reader, 2 USB 2.0 (front), 2 USB 3.0 (top)

5 REPLIES 5
wb2001
Level 15
Level 15
12,842 12,626 1,774 5,022
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The installed OS (originally WIN 7) was upgraded (by you) to WIN 10.  The motherboard is linked to that install.  Your only motherboard recourse is to locate an EXACT (HP) replacement board. Otherwise, you lose the installed OS and upgraded WIN 10.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Alennx
Level 2
9 8 1 2
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well "Dean", that wasn't the question was it?

This motherboard is beset by an unnatural number of problems and people with common sense don't want to buy a straight replacement board to continue their misery... So the question for anyone with enough money to buy a new motherboard is:

In the universe of new motherboards, is there another board that fits these mount points and face-plate, in this case?

The matter of the OS license is not part of the question and is easily remedied, don't you think?... 

Now, since you're an "Expert," and I am just a wandering minstrel, I shall take it upon myself to answer the question for him, and for you...

I'll be right back...

... and the answer is

MBD-C7Q67-O - Micro Atx - Intel 2ND Generation Core I7/I5/I3

The board is a "Micro ATX" (mATX) board that supports the same LGA1155 CPU on the same layout.

They are selling for about $200 on Amazon ...

beatgr
Level 6
354 349 33 66
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Scott -

Your Pegatron IPMMB-FM/HP Formosa motherboard (dead) was based upon the "Z75" chipset.

The built-in wireless card support on Formosa was an HP design feature "ahead of the curve" versus the retail Taiwan motherboards (Asus, Asrock, MSI, Gigabyte) of that period.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03132942

IF you desire to "re-use" that Intel i7-3770 processor ...

THEN you are limited to mATX motherboards with Ivy Bridge chipsets or earlier Sandy Bridge with upgrade (1155 LGA / Socket-H2)  that were first released in April 2012.

i7-3770 – 3.4 GHz/3.9 GHz Turbo Boost (CPU)

Sandy Bridge chipsets, except Q65, Q67 and B65, support both Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge CPUs through a BIOS upgrade.

All Ivy Bridge chipsets and motherboards support both Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge CPUs. Ivy Bridge based processors will officially support up to DDR3-1600, up from DDR3-1333 of Sandy Bridge.  USB 3.0 was not supported (native) with these chipsets.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGA_1155

Majority of manufactures only produce their motherboards (active production) for 1 to 2 years.

The Z75 motherboards you will find (Newegg, Amazon, eBay, off-lease/chop shops, surplus stores) will be New Old Stock, or Used / Refurbished.

vehf277
2 1 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a Pavillion HPE h8-1360t Desktop PC.  I wanna replace it to Xeon based motherboard which supports DDR4 memory. 

Motherboard data:

• Manufacturer: Pegatron
  • Manufacturer name: IPMMB-FM
  • HP: Formosa
  • Form factor uATX(9.5"x9.5")

Iis there another Xeon based motherboard  that fits these mount points, face-plate, back-plate and fits PCI-E slots positions for this case?

No any matter of OS license or CPU usage, just exactrly and only a matter of hardware math.

Thank you.

Alennx
Level 2
9 8 1 2
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi vehf277,

This should be pretty easy to find based on your requirements. I searched up a quick example from Amazon ...

https://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-E3-1200-Motherboard-GA-X150M-PRO-ECC/dp/B01AG8WL5C

This one is Xeon (1151) with DDR4 and will fit in your case.

Measure the actual dimensions of the space in your case rather than following board specs since you have slightly more than 9.5" to play with. The rear plate will come with any new board and the holes/slots will line up because that's one of the things the Form factor defines.

Good luck and I hope this helps 🙂

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation