Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion PC a6030n
Microsoft Windows Vista
Hi can someone help me my Windows vista when I start up my PC I Boot's up all right but then it would get to the loading part with bar and the green bar going across in side it and it would be on the screen for a long time so I am wondering if I virus or something and I have already went to setting to see what was wrong but now I don't know
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi Keyshawn

HP released this model for sale in  early 2007. It is almost 10 years old.

Do you clean the inside of the PC using compressed air at least twice a year. Dust buildup can cause strange behavior.

When is the last time you restored the PC to factory condition after backing your data to an external drive? 

Do you regularly clean temp files using a program such as the free version of CCleaner? Accumulated junk files and unnecessary startup programs will slow down load times and general usage.

It sounds like you have a lot of startup programs which will increase the time it takes Windows to load to the Desktop.

You could also have malware. What A-V program are you using?

Grzy

HP Recommended
I don't know where can I go see where that is the a-v program
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.