Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Shofarman1 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pavilion a6532f upgrade to Windows 7 64bit - Windows update never stops searching

I purchased my HP Pavilion a6532f in 2009 and it came preloaded with Windows Vista. It has an AMD Athlon X2 CPU, 3gb RAM, and shows that it supports 64bit OS. I plan on upgrading to 8gb of RAM, I can get this working. Since Microsoft will no longer support Vista soon, I installed Windows 7 64bit (did not upgrade since you can't do an upgrade from 32-64bit). The install completed with no glitches and installed all my drivers.

My problem is with Windows Update. It never stops seaching, even after 8 hrs.  I start the "Windows update" as normal, but it never finishes searching. I have already tried the 3 methods listed here - Windows Update Never Stops Looking for Updates. I have installed KB3102810 and KB3135445. All this to no avail.  Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
103113 93665 14378 22096
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pavilion a6532f upgrade to Windows 7 64bit - Windows update never stops searching

Hi:

In addition to KB3102810, see if installing this update helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3083710

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation