cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Pavilion goes directly into hibernate on Windows Resume and I can't skip to BIOS

HP Pavilion g6

When I turn the power on, it goes directly to Windows Resume, and after it loads the user sign in, it goes directly to hibernate and shuts down after only a few seconds.  Since, it is in Quickboot mode, it will not allow BIOS to open with any method.  

I have Windows 7.  

How do I fix this, please?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
9,367 9,263 751 3,401
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Pavilion goes directly into hibernate on Windows Resume and I can't skip to BIOS

@Flobadine wrote:

When I turn the power on, it goes directly to Windows Resume, and after it loads the user sign in, it goes directly to hibernate and shuts down after only a few seconds.  Since, it is in Quickboot mode, it will not allow BIOS to open with any method.  

I have Windows 7.  

How do I fix this, please?

Hello,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.

Windows 7 does not have quick boot mode as opposed to Windows 8/8.1/10 .

I suggest you try to do hard reset as soon as the computer started >> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01684768

After that, when it is off, start it and as soon as you see the HP logo, start pressing Esc button and then F11.

Follow the instruction here >> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01867418#AbT3

to open the HP recovery partition options and try to restore the the initial factory settings.

* Please, note that this option will only work if your recovery partitions are working and intact and if your Windows is OEM type (HP preinstalled).

* Don't hesitate to post again if the above didn't work - provide as many details as possible.

Your feedback and update is highly appreciated
** Click on the button below to accept this advice as a solution if it helped you
** Don't hesitate to hit the THUMB-UP+ button below to say thanks or give like 
HP Expert - volunteer - not employed by HP Inc. *** I express personal opinion only. *** Location: Europe ***
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I've tried a hard reset quite a few times.  It did nothing, and again, Esc, F11, F10, F1, Windows+B, etc. does nothing at any point.

The only thing it will do when I hit the power button is show, "Resuming Windows".  When the HP logo shows up, it has about 5 seconds before it goes into hibernation and then shuts off completely not long after that.  The farthest I could get was to click on the HP logo and it almost load Windows before hibernating and eventually shutting down.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Apparently hitting only the Windows key in repetition while it is booting up, was the solution.  

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation